South West Coast Path - Cornwall's Atlantic Coast, East
65 miles (104kms) from Bude to Newquay
7 nights; 6 days walking
Easy walking immediately to the west of Bude, giving way to spectacular cliff scenery between Millock Haven and Polzeath; sand dunes and calm waters around the Camel Estuary; easy clifftop walking and magnificent views along sweeps of Atlantic strand between Padstow and Newquay.
Highlights include the rock pools and folded rock strata in the shelter of Crackington Haven; the sudden arrival in Boscastle’s delightful harbour which greets you as you round Penally Point; the dramatic clifftop ruins of Tintagel Castle; the narrow alleyways and colour-washed cottages around the bustling harbour of Port Isaac (Doc Martin's Port Wenn); the view across Padstow Bay which opens up as you round Pentire Head; crossing the River Camel from Rock to Padstow on the historic Blacktor Ferry; the massive sea stacks at Bedruthan Steps; and the view along the golden sweep of Watergate Bay - one of Cornwall’s premier surf beaches.
To give you a 'taster' of the landscape take a look at the beautiful aerial photography in this short video.
Approximate daily distances:
- Bude to Crackington Haven - 10 miles (16 kms)
- Crackington Haven to Tintagel - 11 miles (18 kms)
- Tintagel to Port Isaac - 9 miles (14 kms)
- Port Isaac to Padstow - 12 miles (19 kms)
- Padstow to Treyarnon - 11 miles (18 kms)
- Treyarnon to Newquay - 12 miles (19 kms)
- All of the above prices are per person, and based upon two guests sharing a double or twin-bedded room.
- Single traveller supplement; £75 per night (more about solo traveller supplements and single room supplements).
- Discounts available for parties of three or more guests.
Currency Converter: All of our prices are in British pounds. To estimate the cost in another currency use the currency converter here.
Onward travel: Public bus
Travel information - finish
Onward travel: On foot