South West Coast Path - Roseland to Rame
77 miles (123kms) from St Mawes to Plymouth
8 nights; 7 days walking
A transition to a greener landscape with isolated beaches, sheltered fishing villages and beautiful scenery around the coast of the Roseland Peninsula; a rugged roller-coaster walk along the Cornish Riviera from Portloe to Looe; easy walking along scenic clifftops, through coastal woodland and country parks on the approach to the River Tamar and the historic city and naval port of Plymouth.
Highlights include the tiny church at St Anthony-in-Place on the Roseland Peninsula; the picturesque fishing villages of Portscatho, Portloe, Mevagissey, Polruan and Polperro; the historic port and shipbuilding town of Fowey; Looe, Cornwall’s shark fishing capital; the fantastic views along the coast from Rame Head; the walk across Mount Edgcumbe Country Park to the banks of the mighty River Tamar; and Plymouth Hoe with its airy views across Plymouth Sound.
To give you a 'taster' of the landscape take a look at the beautiful photography in this short video.
Approximate daily distances:
- St Mawes to Portloe - 13 miles (21 kms)
- Portloe to Mevagissey - 12 miles (19 kms)
- Mevagissey to Charlestown - 8 miles (13 kms)
- Charlestown to Fowey - 10 miles (16 kms)
- Fowey to Looe - 12 miles (19 kms)
- Looe to Freathy - 11 miles (18 kms)
- Freathy to Plymouth Hoe - 11 miles (18 kms)
- All of the above prices are per person, and based upon two guests sharing a double or twin-bedded room.
- Single traveller supplement; £75 per night (more about solo traveller supplements and single room supplements).
- Discounts available for parties of three or more guests.
Currency Converter: All of our prices are in British pounds. To estimate the cost in another currency use the currency converter here.
Rail: Falmouth Docks
Onward travel: Ferry
or, depending upon time of day,
Rail: Falmouth Truro
Onward travel: Public bus
Travel information - finish
Onward travel: On foot or taxi